Monday, May 5, 2008

Memories from The Testosterone Open

By far, the most memorable moment for me from The Testosterone Open was the walk up the 18th fairway at Pebble Beach. Even though we were riding in golf carts, our two forecaddies were astute enough to have us walk the entire way up this fairway. They drove our carts up for us.

But just an amazing experience. Everyone that has watched any golf is very familiar with the 18th hole at Pebble Beach, a sweeping par five that arcs left along the coastline, hugging the Pacific Ocean.

My third shot still left me about 75 yards short of the hole (yes, driver - 3 wood - 3 wood into a heavy wind). When you get close to the green, you realize how many people are watching from the balconies and patios at The Pebble Beach Lodge. And your pulse rate goes way up again as you try not to screw up. Pretty much the same pulse rate you had when teeing off on Hole #1.

BTW, my fourth shot landed on the green, and I then proceeded to three-putt for a double bogey.

1 comment:

Mike said...

If I had to pick a specific momemnt, I'd agree with Marc about the walk up #18 at PB. But, the whole weekend was memorable, just fantastic.